house of cards's style and a happy weekend



 Hello everyone, If you have been camped out like me watching the amazing series "House of Cards then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Being  huge fan of Kevin Spacey, I started to settle in to watch what I knew would be a magnificent performance. But I must be honest I found myself pulled more and more to Robin Wright and her " Ice Queen" character Claire Underwood. The more I saw her character and the way costume designer Tom Broecker interpreted her style, it seemed nothing short of genius.




Claire Underwood’s outfits are structured and somewhat severe, with an understated sexiness. Claire wears her clothes as armour, protecting herself behind a shield that is both masculine and sexy. Ready to do battle everyday, her character actually very complex,  because while she benefits from her husband’s political ties, she wants them for her own benefit, constantly balancing options and playing the field. 




The only real colour she wears is blue (the rest is a strict palette of blacks, greys and neutrals), however my fave colour on her is white and when she is seen in white it's always deliberate to a particular scene she is in.  There is always a certain element that makes the pieces she wears interesting. An asymmetrical neckline, a reverse zipper,  beautifully placed seams or something metallic. She is minimal in her accessories, no statement pieces or oversized rings here as she way to confident for that.



I look forward to Season 3 for more drama, backstabbing and of course Claire's style.




Happy Weekend Lovelies. xx




images: tatianasdelights, 

Comments

  1. I don't know this Show, but men those dresses are hot! I love the Zara ones. Great post Lisa :-) Have a good weekend. xoxo

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize she was in that show. I have loved her ever since I first saw her in The Princess Bride - she was so good in that movie! So tongue-in-cheek funny. I will have to go find and watch this series! The dresses are so understated and elegant - love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show and her style! Gorgeous dress selections!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts