lupita nyong'o's fearless fashion





Lupita Nyong'o has been praised for her fashion fearlessness. The "12 Years a Slave" star picked up the best supporting actress Oscar dressed in a powder blue Prada gown at the Academy Awards this year. She has filled the hearts of many young girls, with her stand out fashion sense. Here's a little we did not know about our fearless fashionista:


The 31-year-old  is an actress, film and music video director, is of dual Kenyan and Mexican citizenship.  After graduating from Hampshire College with a bachelor's degree in film and theatre studies, Nyong'o worked as a production assistant on several Hollywood films...i.e The Constant Gardener starring Ralph Fiennes. In 2008 she made her acting debut with the short film East River and subsequently starred in the Kenyan television series Shuga (2009). Also in 2009, she wrote, produced and directed the documentary film In My Genes of the mistreatment of the albino community in Kenya.


Nyong'o later completed a master's degree in acting from the Yale School of Drama, followed by her first feature film role in Steve McQueen's historical drama 12 Years a Slave (2013). Her role in the film was widely acclaimed, earning her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, among numerous other awards and nominations.







"I never knew what the formal fashion industry was up to - it was all a mystery to me. It's all new and an exciting education. I've been introduced to a whole new world where clothing is art."


"I've not always been a huge fashion fan. I've always cared about what I look like, but with 12 Years a Slave and the tour of promotion around the world, I've been able to explore and play. I've learned a lot about presentation, actually," Lupita.




Make no mistake she is no accident, Lupita has worked very hard and comes from a close knitted family, whose work ethic has gotten her where she is today. Amazing changes are happening all around her as Hollywood embraces her as their new darling. I wish her well and continue to look on at what will be a phenomenal career in film.


Lupita Nyong'o Miu Miu 2014 Ad Campaign.



"That's what life and style is about. It's a common conversation. To me, it's a conversation we can all have. Fashion breaks down every barrier, in my opinion. We can all talk about fashion."



images via, fabsugar, huffington post, dailymail.co.uk, act.mtv.com, popsugar.





xx






Comments

  1. she looks absolutely spectacular in everything.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOVE her!! So nice to "see" you!! Yes, Zion is a tall boy for his age:-). I'm happy to see that you are doing great!! One love my sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you so fearless Lupita? lol!! Gotta love her!
    *Hi Lisaaaa...how you doing? Stay Bless hun! :-)*

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many pretty pretty dresses! lovely selection!

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    if you follow me via bloglovin', please let me know so i can follow back. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is really a definition of black beauty. Love her! Thanks for the visit.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much my Lovelies for stopping by.

Popular Posts